THE DSTC COURSE IS THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY TO FOCUS ON:
- Surgical decision-making in complex scenarios
- Operative technique in critically ill trauma patients
- Hands on practical experience with experienced instructors (both national and international)
- Insight into difficult trauma situations with learned techniques of haemorrhage control and the ability to handle major thoracic, cardiac and abdominal injuries
The Definitive Surgical Trauma Care (DSTC) course is recommended by The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons for all Consultant Surgeons and final year trainees.
The Definitive Perioperative Nurses Trauma Care (DPNTC) course is held in conjunction with the DSTC course. It is aimed at registered nurses with experience in perioperative nursing and allows them to develop their knowledge and skills in a multidisciplinary setting. For perioperative nurses, the DPNTC course provides equivalent hours towards annual continuing professional development (CPD) as outlined by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia.
The Definitive Anaesthetic Trauma Care (DATC) course will provide multidisciplinary training to anaesthetists involved in trauma and will run in Sydney and Auckland along with DSTC and DPNTC.
- DSTC Course for surgeons – $3580 ($3715 NZD)
- DATC Course for anaesthetists – $2495 ($2495 NZD)
- DPNTC Course for nurses – $825 ($725 NZD)
- Military Module – $395